Frequently Asked Questions & Events
Flint Hills Feast - June 23rd
Purchase tickets at https://www.pachecobeef.com/pages/events
EAT DRINK SHOP KANSAS SHOWCASE - August 6th
Member Businesses FAQ
Qualifications vary by category:
- Farmer/Rancher: 100% of the product is grown or produced in Kansas.
- Manufacturer/Processor: 100% of the agriculture product’s processing or manufacturing is done in Kansas.
- Value-added agriculture: 100% of the non-food product’s raw materials are acquired from Kansas and 100% of the non-food product’s processing, manufacturing or craftsmanship is done in Kansas.
- Restaurant: Restaurants must be Kansas owned and serve one or more primary Kansas food ingredient. The restaurant must identify which food products are from Kansas.
- Agritourism: The business provides an agriculture-based experience in Kansas. The business must be a registered agritourism operation with Kansas Tourism.
Farmers' Markets FAQs
Once your application is approved, your market will receive:
- Official Certificate of Registration – Retain this letter for proof of limited liability coverage, pursuant to the Kansas Farmers’ Market Promotion Act, K.S.A. 2-3801 et seq.
- Profile on fromthelandofkansas.com with market description, location and contact information
- Profile on TravelKS.com with market description, location and contact information.
- A subscription to our monthly Farmers’ Market Network e-newsletter which includes market promotion ideas and educational opportunities.
- You will receive admission into our Farmers’ Market Network Facebook Group. This is a great way to connect with fellow market managers throughout Kansas. Don’t forget to request to join!
Check out our Farmers’ Market Online Toolkit for a general marketing guide, fillable poster templates, kids’ activity sheets, social media graphics and more. Be on the lookout for our monthly Farmers’ Market e-newsletters which often contain marketing tips and tricks as well.